We hold the same beliefs and practices across all grade levels
- Children learn best by doing – hands-on projects, expeditionary learning, experiential learning.
- An integrated curriculum has thematic units of study.
- Social skills are learned (and refined) thru collaborative work.
- Learning is assessed by the quality of a child’s projects and output.
- Learning emphasizes problem solving and critical thinking.
- Conceptual understanding, not rote knowledge, make lifelong learners.
- A variety of learning resources de-emphasize learning only from worksheets and workbooks.
- Community service and service learning projects are in the curriculum.
- Social responsibility and democracy is inherent in education.